May 25, 2013

Say my name

The other day I was hanging out with some friends when someone I didn't know came over and introduced himself to me and asked me what my was. I know what you are thinking, and trust me this story does go somewhere. To make a short boring story slightly shorter and more entertaining; I couldn't remember my name for a good three seconds.

Have you ever noticed that when you are unexpectedly asked for your name you usually say "Uhhh ." With the the "uhh" you are basically saying "Good question sir, let me take a few seconds to mull over this question and I will get back to you post haste." I can't speak for you, but when I talk in my head I typically sound like a terrible background actor from Game Of Thrones. Cheerio! But because I realize how stupid I look when I can't remember my name I have devised a fool proof way of not only preventing me looking like an idiot, but also making the person asking me feel stupid. 

"I'm Tom by the way, what's your name?"

"Uhh... Derek, aka the person who's house you are currently in?" Make sure to give him a look that says "dumbass"

Typically they respond along similiar lines of "Oh damn! I didn't know! My bad bro!"

Also don't be concerned with facts. As long as the guy/girl doesn't live at the house themselves this will work.

You're welcome.

As always if you want to tell me how stupid this way or that I suck leave a comment below or follow me on twitter @DeRexBowles where I will make your eyes bleed with my inner most thoughts and feelings. 


No comments:

 
The Mind of Derek Bowles