Jun 11, 2013

OMYSBW: Freaked (1993)

I will be revisiting a classic movie from my childhood today. Freaked. Before I go any further let me put the synopsis for you.


From Yahoo!Movies:

" A spoiled young actor of the Brat Pack generation signs on as the celebrity spokesman for Noxon, a gene-altering chemical fertilizer marketed only in Third World countries. During a subsequent junket to South America to promote the product, he falls into the hands of a mad alchemist who transforms the actor into hideous freak and places him on display in a carnival sideshow."

I know what you're thinking, and yes the movie IS as good as it sounds.  I have always remembered this movie but could never remember the name of it. By mere coincidence the director Alex Winter, happened to be on one of the podcasts I listen to (The Nerdist) and the movie was mentioned. How lucky is that?!

So, go track down this movie and watch it! You most likely won't regret it.

No comments:

 
The Mind of Derek Bowles